Reloading 32 Mag and 32 SW Long

PDA

tommiefromva
December 4, 2009, 07:17 PM
I have 32 cal 100 gr swc and 95 gr swc bullets Some of the recipes I found are calling for 98 gr bullets. Can I substitute the 95 gr bullets I have for the 98 gr. How do I gauge the amount of powder if I can substitute. Tommie

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading 32 Mag and 32 SW Long" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Landric
December 4, 2009, 07:48 PM
There is so little difference in the length of bullets varying by 5 grains that you can probably use the same data, assuming the same seating depth. I would imagine that if you weigh some of your 95 grains bullets you will find some of them heavier than 95 grains and some slightly lighter. Three grains is not something to get really worked up about, again, assuming the same seating depth.

Walkalong
December 4, 2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, you can use a 95 Gr SWC with 98 SWC or RN data. No change in powder weights. As far as that goes, you could get by using the 98 Gr data for the 100 Gr SWC's.

Welcome to THR

tommiefromva
December 4, 2009, 08:10 PM
Thank you For the information. It sets my mind at ease. Tommie

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading 32 Mag and 32 SW Long" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!