Stack-On

PDA

floydster
December 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone have experience with Stack-On gun safes, reason I ask is Fleet Farm has the Elite 36 gun safe for $799.
The reviews don't seem to be that bad.
Input? Thanks, Floyd:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Stack-On" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
December 6, 2009, 04:06 PM
Might want to do a search. Stack-On and similar products have been discussed many, many times in the past.

Dominus
December 6, 2009, 04:27 PM
I have the 10 gun safe (mechanical combo lock). It has holes (not fire proof) in the back and floor so you can secure it to the wall and floor. I've had it for about 8 months now and has worked flawlessly so far.

CB900F
December 6, 2009, 04:45 PM
Floydster;

The Stack-On is an RSC, or Residential Security Container. Do a search here for RSC & you'll pull up a week's worth of reading. Long story short, if you want an RSC, find the one that gives you the features you want at the least price. There's no substantial protective difference among them.

As a side note: Both true safes & RSC's tend to work flawlessly - until there's either an attempt at forced entry or a fire. It's only when something like that happens that you get to find out if you got your money's worth or not.

900F

floydster
December 6, 2009, 05:05 PM
CB 900F,
Thanks for the info, I know the Stack-on is not a real safe like so many others,but it seems like a reasonable buy.

On another note my brother had a CB 900 and I had a CB 750 C back in the 80's and we both pulled trailers all over Canada from Minn., we put on many,many miles in those days. Makes me think back at all the memories.

Thanks,Floyd:)

PT1911
December 6, 2009, 05:11 PM
the stack ons are more of a cabinet than a safe... BUT.. they are sturdy enough to prevent someone from just grabbing your guns and when bolted down will deter the quick smash and grab that is so common. Most break-ins are opportunity driven therefore any inconvenience decreases their success rate... loud noise (ie audible alarm), heavy doors, shatter proof glass, and cabinets/safes tend to cause enough of a hinderance to protect your valuables...

all that said... if a professional breaks in, you could have a 1500 lb (enter safe brand here) and your guns will be no safer than if you left them under your bed. Then again, there is not a HUGE likelyhood of that.

Boolit
December 6, 2009, 07:05 PM
Whats the cheapest safe you can get these days? I'd like to have a safe for my ammo thats not in cans and battlepacks. Just like my safe, I'd keep all those rounds comfy with the help of a goldenrod in there.

Walkalong
December 6, 2009, 09:04 PM
I have no idea about their safes, but in the tool box world, their stuff is average, at best.

theotherwaldo
December 6, 2009, 09:33 PM
I've got a Stack-on 10-gun RSC with a dial combo lock. Paid $189 at Academy Sporting Goods about 8 years back. Keeps the old milsurp guns secure enough, I guess. Where I live, a real safe would fall through the floor. Anyway, I paid less than $799 for what's in the safe!

If you enjoyed reading about "Stack-On" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!