FYI: decent price on 9mm

PDA

billsnogo
December 6, 2009, 08:25 PM
I have over 1k rounds already, and don't need to stock up any more in large quantities (just what I shoot now) and would like to pass on the decent deal.

For those of you who can not get the WWB bulk 9mm at Walmart now, and have a cabelas near you, get 450rds of the MFS ammo (I think online only) on sale right now for $11.99 a box and use there $20 discount, and pick it up in store. When I added it to my basket, it was not on back order either :p

When I rang it up, it came to $96 with no shipping (pick it up at the store) after the $20 discount, and 450 rounds at $96 comes out to .2133 a round.

Hope someone can use this, as I need to save up for some surplus 7.62x25 instead :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "FYI: decent price on 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chris in va
December 6, 2009, 10:07 PM
Ah yes, I remember the days of buying factory ammo. :eek:

Flash!
December 6, 2009, 10:51 PM
I made 500 rounds of 9mm today using range brass.... cost about half that price....... but it did cost me my time......

billsnogo
December 6, 2009, 11:00 PM
But how much was the reloading equipment? I am trying now to get into reloading (extra green, so it will be a while) but it looks like the reloading equipment is not cheap :eek:

Just wanted to pass this on so hopefully someone who is in the same position can get what they need.

bill (will hopefully reload someday so I can look at getting a .45acp he could afford to shoot)

Kansan
December 6, 2009, 11:02 PM
Good tip, Billsnogo, thanks! I'm almost at my desired 9mm level. Now, all I need is a handgun to go with it. ;)

AK103K
December 6, 2009, 11:07 PM
The Walmarts around here have had 9mm on a regular basis for awhile now, and thats basically their normal price, $22/100. Cabelas is an hour and a half drive for me, and about $60 in gas. Thanks for the heads up though.

I reload 300-500 rounds a week using the same brass I shoot. The best I've been doing lately with FMJ bullets has been 0.13/round, plus my time, which comes out to $6.50 a box, about double what it used to cost a couple of years ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "FYI: decent price on 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!