Thoughts on SW99 45ACP

PDA

distra
December 7, 2009, 07:53 PM
I've looking at a SW99 45ACP and wonder what THR community thinks of this pistol. I'm looking at either picking up the SW99 or getting a nice little G26 to go along with my other Glocks. This would mainly be a range gun, but also a CCW piece if I shoot it well enough. Any thoughts from owners or experts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on SW99 45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fastbolt
December 7, 2009, 08:46 PM
I did some testing with the SW99 .45 when it was available. I was thinking about ordering one back then and was interested in trying one that was being made available for T&E.

I've been to the armorer classes for both the SW99/P99 and the M&P pistol series. Both are good designs and have their respective advantages and disadvantages.

I much prefer my M&P 45 to the SW99 .45 I was using.

The SW99 had the nice Walther AS trigger, granted, while the M&P 45 has a different trigger (and which took a while to smooth out).

I could shoot the M&P accurately more, even with the heavy and initially stiff trigger ... but that might just be me.

I found the grip ergonomics and overall balance of the M&P 45 better ... for me.

Try both if possible. ;)

Aside from the slide & barrel, repair parts for the SW99 have to come from Germany.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on SW99 45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!