Removing paint from stock

PDA

bogie
January 20, 2003, 11:07 AM
Okay - about 12-13 years ago, my slumlord painted my apartment. With some sorta latex enamel, or something...

It's like the stuff STAYS goopy...

I had a stock sitting in the back of a closet, leaning against a wall, and it's got paint on it... Any ideas? It's not a fancy finish, just oil - but it's time to put that rifle back together...

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing paint from stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fed168
January 20, 2003, 02:05 PM
I used Bix paint remover, it too was goopy, and applied it with a brush really thick. I then took a plastic scraper and removed what I could off of the stock.

Greg L
January 20, 2003, 02:24 PM
If it is latex there is something called Goof-Off that works really well on latex. It is supposed to be safe for other finishes but with anything you may need to refinish the stock when you are done. Most hardware stores have it somewhere in the paint dept.

Greg

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing paint from stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!