Colt 22LR, Semi auto Serial # 17280

PDA

Gregjl01
December 9, 2009, 06:10 PM
I am helping a recently widowed neighbor get rid of some of her husbands things. I am not sure the best way to find a buyer for this Colt. Good condition with holster. Someone said Colt collectors will pay more than at a gun shop or gun show. Any ideas.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 22LR, Semi auto Serial # 17280" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve C
December 9, 2009, 07:02 PM
Need model information, a picture would help. Value will depend upon model, condition, and if the original box is still there.

dogtown tom
December 9, 2009, 07:38 PM
Gregjl01 I am helping a recently widowed neighbor get rid of some of her husbands things. I am not sure the best way to find a buyer for this Colt. Good condition with holster. Someone said Colt collectors will pay more than at a gun shop or gun show. Any ideas.

Nearly impossible to give value without a picture. Colt produced the Woodsman as well as the Ace .22LR semiautomatics. I would bet it is a Woodsman. Most likely a First series if that is the complete serial number.

If you can't post pics go here:http://www.colt22.com/index.html You'll be able to identify the model & series from the guide.

As to value: Once you know what model you have you can search the completed auctions at GunBroker to see what similiar guns sold for. Gun dealers will offer the lowest, since they need to make a profit at resale.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 22LR, Semi auto Serial # 17280" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!