MFS head stamp & *___* or *1*

PDA

tackstrp
December 9, 2009, 09:32 PM
This url lists two different places locations for the manufactor. One is Nepal and the other is Hungary. In the meantime I am puting them in a to be trashed can. Good looking once fried brass.
http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm

any comments.

Also i am confused as to what or which is the Starline head stamp. I have *__* and a *1* . Any ideas what is the proper Starline stamp?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "MFS head stamp & *___* or *1*" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TX1911fan
December 9, 2009, 09:59 PM
*____* I believe. It's star (*) and then a line (___).

jonnyc
December 9, 2009, 10:04 PM
Your MFS is 99.9999999999% Hungary. If you had a Nepalese MFS, you would possess one of the rarest collector 9mms there are.
*______* is Starline, *I* is Independence Brand.

tackstrp
December 9, 2009, 10:48 PM
thanks all for your help.

RandyP
December 10, 2009, 11:03 AM
I just checked a piece of new .380 auto Starline brass I use.

their headstamp is *-*

tackstrp
December 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
thanks randy. have not purchased new brass yet, so much avaiable to be picked up at range, not unusal to have people that know that i reload . sweep their area and push it over to mine or just pick it up an hand it to me. Starting a collection of 45acp and 40s&w. when get enough i will clean it up and sell here forum

two calibers that i dont reload, same with 380 which i give to neighbor when i pick up any.

RandyP
December 10, 2009, 11:24 AM
gather all you can and save it. you never know when it will be handy for a barter or to supply yourself when you get a new firearm caliber.

Plastic storage containers (about the size of a shoe box) are inexpensive and work great. So do all these new plastic coffee cans by the way.

If you enjoyed reading about "MFS head stamp & *___* or *1*" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!