Polish Milled AK 47 ! CAI of course

PDA

nathan
December 10, 2009, 09:33 AM
US made receiver , barrel and trigger group. Essentially a US AK except for the Polish furniture and grip.

If they go down to $600 , that would even be better!

A cleaning rod would make this rifle even look better as well.

http://www.classicarms.us/

If you enjoyed reading about "Polish Milled AK 47 ! CAI of course" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
December 10, 2009, 09:55 AM
I am sure they are good rifles, but for $700 I expect something better than shaved 2x4's for furniture.

Bugflipper
December 10, 2009, 10:01 AM
The chinese bullpups are outrageous for those who collect. Those little bullpups they sell are the first ones I've seen for sale in the US for 20 years or so.

sv51macross
December 10, 2009, 10:08 AM
AK-47 HBAR? :) I had no idea these existed!

Hammerhead6814
December 10, 2009, 12:01 PM
CURSE MY LIMITED FUNDS! :cuss:

nalioth
December 10, 2009, 12:25 PM
Don't worry too much about it, Hammerhead6814.

The Century monkeys are slamming together any combination of spare parts they have now, and Classic Arms has their http://www.novarata.net/forum/images/smilies/basic/bssign.gif machine running at 110% . . .

wojownik
December 10, 2009, 01:16 PM
The milled AKs at Lancaster and through Atlantic Firearms are coming down in price - I think Atlantic has a 5.45x39 milled version coming out that's just about 100 bucks more than the CAI, with russian red furniture...

Hammerhead6814
December 10, 2009, 01:34 PM
What could possibly be BS about a Milled AK? Or a heavy-barreled AK? Especially that H-Bar RPK, me like very much.

shooterfromtexas
December 10, 2009, 01:36 PM
sweet!

nalioth
December 10, 2009, 02:27 PM
What could possibly be BS about a Milled AK? It's not Polish.

Polish furniture does not a Polish rifle make.

seanie!
December 10, 2009, 02:34 PM
What could possibly be BS about a Milled AK? Or a heavy-barreled AK?
Maybe he's referring to the fact that they called the Polish milled AK the "Mercedes Benz of AKs", or that they call the RPK a "Heavy Barrel AK Sniper"

Just a guess.

Gelgoog
December 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
better get your AK now guys, because they are not importing any more of them!!

Or at least that's what Classic Arms was saying 2 years ago which started the AK panic.

nathan
December 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
CAI is debuting this new model this December, a great marketing move.
For all we know, they could have stocked up on these Polish Milled kits for a long time.

Z-Michigan
December 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
accidental double post

Z-Michigan
December 10, 2009, 03:25 PM
The misinformation there is worthy of the Sportsman's Guide catalog. But once in a while you can still get a good deal from them.

Still, once you compare a Saiga to almost any other AK, you're likely to go Saiga. Especially now that K-Var has "factory conversions" (SGL series) at relatively good prices, for those who don't want to do their own or want it to look just like an AK-100 series.

wojownik
December 10, 2009, 04:06 PM
What could be Polish in that particular product? The receiver is US, the FCG would be US, the barrel is probably US... What does that leave? The furniture, bolt & bolt carrier (probably the piston too), top cover, trunnion, front sight, gas block, gas tube and rear sight block...

Kinda like me, ethnically speaking, 50% Polish, 50% other, but assembled in the USA. :)

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 10, 2009, 06:27 PM
This is what I'm looking forward to purchasing with my income taxhttp://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct843.aspx

Atlantic Firearms
December 10, 2009, 09:18 PM
We are now offering a Lancaster Milled AK with stainless steel bbls $899.00 minus your High Road discount.

Hizzie
December 11, 2009, 05:43 PM
The AES-10B is a semi-auto RPK.

Beagle-zebub
December 11, 2009, 06:00 PM
This is what I'm looking forward to purchasing with my income tax http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct843.aspx

It looks as though AIM Surplus has that rifle for $50 cheaper.

atlanticfire
December 11, 2009, 06:33 PM
It looks as though AIM Surplus has that rifle for $50 cheaper.
It also appears that they are out of stock. . .:D

THE DARK KNIGHT
December 11, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'm not a schill for RAAC or anything, but i gotta say.

Saiga Saiga Saiga!!!!

They're down to as low as $330-350

They come in 5.56x45, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, .308

Or even .410 bore, 20 and 12 gauge

A no-frills conversion runs about $100-120 in parts

Or you could go balls-to-the-wall full on custom. I saw one that's gold plated with glossy walnut furniture

The work takes only a couple hours at a casual pace

There's step-by-step in depth instructional videos on youtube and vimeo for the whole process

A dremel makes the whole process laughably easy

You can do it without a dremel too

In fact it can probably be done without any power tools at all? Except maybe drilling the bullet guide hole

It's brand new Russian manufacture

It's made by you, exactly to your liking. For less than $500 and a Sunday afternoon

I have no idea why anyone is still messing with guns made from 40 year old reject parts by teams of, what did nalioth say one time "angry beavers"?

Isher
December 11, 2009, 07:10 PM
'course

Any mention of the Czech VZ58

Milled receiver and all,

Is noticeably absent!

Nevermind,

The AK will never catch up

With the product of

The boys and gals from Brno.

isher

Snakum
December 11, 2009, 07:17 PM
The Lancaster Bulgy 74s at $499 and the KVar Arsenal conversions at roughly the same price make buying an AK today a no brainer. I'm a 10/63 fan but even I know a helluva deal when I see one. No brainer.

(Unless you like tinkering, then you can just buy a Saiga and roll your own. But my time is worth more writing and testing code than trying to convert a Saiga. :D )

kwikrnu
December 11, 2009, 07:34 PM
I'm wondering when these are going to dry up, go up in price, or be legislated not to be imported again.

The draco pistols at classic and jgsales were as low as $369 shipped in sept.

Atlantic Firearms
December 11, 2009, 07:40 PM
We will now be offering the Lancaster RR AK 74 Rifle with 2 mags, sling , mag pouch, sleaning kit & bayonet for $479.00 we will also be offering other discounts for HR members. These are excellent rifles for the money and probably one of the best deals on the market at this time.

w_houle
December 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
CAI did all right on my Post-Ban Maadi that the only thing they screwed up was assembly of the front sight(easily fixed) now if the bolt locking lugs didn't seem to be built out of frozen butter, it would be great:eek:

atlanticfire
December 11, 2009, 11:17 PM
:rolleyes:Saiga Saiga Saiga!!!!

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 12, 2009, 12:00 AM
Atlantic Firearms,
PM me with more information about THR Discount please, I'd like to know more.
And a link to the Lancaster RR AK 74 Rifle with 2 mags, sling , mag pouch, sleaning kit & bayonet for $479.00 deal.

Thanks,
LJ-MF-B

Atlantic Firearms
December 12, 2009, 09:38 AM
LJ , please email us directly we do not do PM's

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Polish Milled AK 47 ! CAI of course" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!