Homemade tumble with P.C power supply

PDA

tackstrp
December 10, 2009, 07:47 PM
I made a Tumbler with a dc motor from an electric 24 volt scooter, an old P.C power supply, scrqp wood, four casters from Northern Tool. The bucket and lid i have had for many years to store shot shell stuff. The D.C motor is a direct drive to the wheel. so no gears. Speed for a DC motor can be reduce by using a lowre voltage. Think i used the Six volt terminal. 12 volts was to fast.

The URL to buy a lid or lid and bucket
url for gamma seal lids
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24282

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoyed reading about "Homemade tumble with P.C power supply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rfwobbly
December 10, 2009, 08:10 PM
Now that is great!

Looks like if you ever come across the need to tumble 12,000 cases you can simply slap a 35 gal oil drum on there. Highly adaptable.

Any idea how many miles you get out of a tire?

tackstrp
December 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
i really do have a spare tire. had an electric scooter that would not pull my weight, so i used parts to make this gadget.

but plastic bucket gets warm when put couple thousand cases in so i hold to about a thousand.

If you enjoyed reading about "Homemade tumble with P.C power supply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!