Just purchased a Bushmaster Predator

PDA

Grassman
December 11, 2009, 12:34 PM
.223-20" fluted barrel, un chrome lined. What can I expect? I have not read too much bad about this rifle. Anyone out there have any thing to add? I'm looking for optics now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just purchased a Bushmaster Predator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mcdonl
December 11, 2009, 12:57 PM
Expect to spend a lot on AMMO!!! Have fun!

Grassman
December 11, 2009, 01:15 PM
I plan on also picking up some .223 dies too. I'll be loading my own.

Historian
December 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
I bought a Varminter a couple of years ago and have really come to love it. One piece of advice...don't scrimp on your scope. I put a middle priced Leupold on mine and have been really pleased with it. Shooting .223 got me into reloading as well. You will not reduce your cost significantly by reloading beacause you will shoot more. The up side of reloading is that you will be able to craft ammo that is much more accurate and consistent than what you can buy off the shelf. I use a single stage Rockchucker and load about 400 rounds a month for my Varminter. Keep you rifle cleaned and properly lubed and it will last for years. Enjoy it and good shooting.

Historian

Grassman
December 11, 2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, been loading for a while just not .223...yet.

C-grunt
December 11, 2009, 05:10 PM
Last time I was at the range the guy next to me had a Bushmaster .223 varmint rifle (unsure of the model) and I believe a DPMS in .243. Both shot extremely well printing groups of under an inch at 100 yards with regularity. He was using handloads.

benatilstate
December 11, 2009, 08:00 PM
Ive had mine for right at a year. Still love to take it to the range.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just purchased a Bushmaster Predator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!