Load from a disk software

PDA

grsjax
December 13, 2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone have any experiance with this program.
http://www.loadammo.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "Load from a disk software" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bomb dropper
December 13, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thats kinda what Ive been looking for. I wonder if it works and what sources they used for references.

steve4102
December 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
It's a joke. I have LFD and QuickLoad. LFD lists everything in CUP and has a few powder choices selected for you. Very limited data base. In some cartridges the pre-selected powders don't even match the proper burn rate for cartridge. As many of you know there is no mathematical formula to convert CUP to PSI and vise-verse. Yet LFD has managed to come up with CUP numbers for modern cartridges that have never been tested in CUP. Comparing it's pressure numbers in CUP to real Pressure data in PSI is confusing at best.
Save your money, buy QL or stick with the written data.

rcmodel
December 13, 2009, 01:30 PM
Or stick with the lab-tested load manuals.
They really shot the data in a gun!

All the software, no matter how good, is making predictions or educated guesses of what might happen.

They don't/can't allow for a lot of things like revolver cylinder gap, etc.

rc

Kernel
December 15, 2009, 11:10 PM
It’s not indispensable, but it’s far from worthless. I played with the free demo version until it expired. Never bought the full retail version, but I might someday. It had some features I liked. It’s another perspective. Think of it as a reloading guide that gives you the ability to change the variables.

Handloading is both a science and an art form. LFD applies to the science side. Thermodynamic theory and mathematical principles all rolled up in a simple simulator. That’s basically what it is. A simulator. It simulates cartridge, bullet, and powder combinations.

No offence to the other posters, but saying you don’t like LFD because is uses CUP or can’t simulate cylinder gap is a little like refusing to take a cancer cure because it’s only 98% effective. It’s gotta be 100% or nothing!

http://kwk.us/powley.html

Above is a link to an online Powley Computer. Basically, it does what LFD does, but it’s free. It even has formulas for converting from CUP to psi, and visa versa. But keep that to yourself. Those formulas don’t exist. ;)

Afy
December 16, 2009, 06:03 AM
You want load data, go with Quickload and good safe practises will have you shooting excellent loads.

bomb dropper
December 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
does no one make a disk with all the load data? like my hornady #7 just have a menu that drops down and you choose your caliber then it shows all the same data as it does in the book. no simulations just the numbers, powder ect

rcmodel
December 16, 2009, 01:25 PM
Sierra manual on a disk.
https://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm?section=store&page=item&stock_num=0602

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Load from a disk software" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!