Tula MFG 9mm 115gr FMJ ammunition any good?

PDA

Cutter
December 13, 2009, 08:06 PM
I know it's kind of a dumb question to ask after you've bought 1000 rounds of the stuff. I'm gonna have to shoot it either way, but I figured I might as well get some opinions from some people that might have experience with it. I'll be shooting it out of an FN FNP-9. Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Tula MFG 9mm 115gr FMJ ammunition any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mstirton
December 13, 2009, 10:07 PM
I'll chime in even though I've never tried it. I have, however, tried the Tula 223 55gr and it was consistent and had no failures in my PWS piston AR. I'm guessing it comes from the same plant as Wolf, but is basically the generic version. As well as my FNP9 eats what I've fed it so far, I assume it would have no problem with a slightly underpowered steel case round.
This is all moot though since you should just go out to shoot tomorrow and report back.

Beagle-zebub
December 13, 2009, 11:35 PM
This is the factory that manufactures Wolf, no?

Avenger29
December 14, 2009, 12:21 AM
This is the factory that manufactures Wolf, no?

Wolf draws ammunition from several sources, including, I believe a plant at Tula, which in all likelihood would be the same plant that makes the Tula MFG .223 and 9mm that we are seeing pop up.

Speedo66
December 14, 2009, 10:01 PM
I seem to recall getting 9mm Tula boxed ammo with Wolf headstamps on the rounds.

They all went bang.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tula MFG 9mm 115gr FMJ ammunition any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!