Winchester 70 Stock Conversion

PDA

viking499
December 13, 2009, 10:56 PM
Can you convert a Winchester 1 piece bottom metal wood stock over to accept the 2 piece bottom metal?

Is the metal the same size? Just missing the cut out for the middle screw/bolt on the 2 piece metal?

Don't mind doing a little work if it will work........

Like the featherweight stocks. I am trying to find one for my late 1960's 243 that will accept the 2 piece metal. Only thing I can find so far is for the one piece metal.......:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 70 Stock Conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
viking499
December 14, 2009, 10:43 PM
Anyone have a pic of the bottom of a stock that uses 1 piece metal?

Or measurements of the 1 piece metal?

Horsemany
December 15, 2009, 07:30 AM
Call Williams. They make bottom metal for various guns and should be able to answer that query.

viking499
December 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
After finding some pics of the one piece and two piece bottom metal stocks, I ordered a 1 piece from CDNN. Will need a little work, but I think I will be able to modify it and make it work.

jimmyraythomason
December 18, 2009, 08:25 PM
As long as there is enough wood to work with you can adapt almost any stock to almost any action. I have a Winchester Model 70 stock that I have adapted to a Mauser 98 large ring.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 70 Stock Conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!