Enfield Trigger

PDA

Skofnung
November 10, 2003, 03:02 PM
Hello again.

I love the SMLE. But, there is one thing that I would alter. The freaking trigger.

Is there anything that can be done? There is an obscene ammount of overtravel and it is gritty as heck. Altogether it is a good gun, but if something could be done to the trigger, it would be a great gun.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jrhead75
November 10, 2003, 03:21 PM
Good source of books on Enfields and the accurizing and reloading for thereof...
303 British.com (http://www.303British.com/)

Andrew Wyatt
November 10, 2003, 03:37 PM
overtravel is not important, though i suppose you could put a stop screw in the triggerguard.

you can clean up that trigger by taking it apart and stoning it in the proper locations.

http://members.optushome.com.au/lee-enfield/AdjTP.html has the info.

nemesis
November 10, 2003, 09:41 PM
Contrary to popular opinion, the Lee Enfield No. 4 trigger, even the floating ones, can be made to work quite well. It's a very simple trigger mechanism and polishing the engagement surfaces can work wonders.

I have a cherished Long Branch No. 4, Mk 1 Improved and, while not a Match Grade trigger, the reworked trigger is a welcome and crisp improvement over the long and creepy stock setup.

jrhead75
November 10, 2003, 10:21 PM
I've got a No4 MkII, and I wouldn't change the stock trigger at all.

Bill Hook
November 11, 2003, 12:51 AM
My Lithgow had a trigger that was too light, so I stoned it a little to change the angle of the sear and trigger to make it what feels like an even 4lbs.

My #4mkII has a 4-5lbs. trigger with less take-up than the Lithgow SMLE.

swingset
November 11, 2003, 03:05 AM
The Lithgows have notoriously light triggers (which is why I like 'em!).

Anyone who's shot a No4T, L42 or the L39 can attest what a good armorer can do with an Enfield trigger. Some of the nicest triggers I've ever felt were on the No4 action.

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!