Re-writing ca gun laws

PDA

Victor1Echo
December 14, 2009, 05:41 PM
Can anyone explain to me why we could not write a propositon in California to standardize California laws so that they are consistant with federal laws? If gay marriage can be on the ballot why not a comprehensive gun measure written by gun owners? Most people I know that are gun enthusiasts, are hard working people with money. We seem like a powerful group of people--so why are we being pushed around by the minority? Also, I will add that I think the NRA is partly to blame. "the best way to control the opposition is to lead it" lennin.:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Re-writing ca gun laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
December 14, 2009, 06:37 PM
You can write a proposition. If you can get enough signatures, you can get it on the ballot.

Assuming you've done your homework and it's kosher with the California State Constitution, and it gets a majority vote, it will become the law of the state.

So get busy. There's no reason whatsoever that you can't do it.

Most people I know that are gun enthusiasts, are hard working people with money.

From what I read, 3500 such people leave the state every week. I'm not sure you're in the majority.

hso
December 14, 2009, 07:59 PM
Moved to AD. http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=270671

Librarian
December 14, 2009, 10:57 PM
So get busy. There's no reason whatsoever that you can't do it.
However, there is excellent reason to suggest it's a losing game.

The base problem is cost.

In the last 25 years or so, initiatives have been taken over by special interests.

See my post (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156804) at Calguns on the problem.

PublicRelations
January 29, 2010, 01:30 AM
There may be challenges, as some people already pointed out . . .

Off the top of my head, I'd say we need an informed person (or people) that know how that works. Are you willing to find out EXACTLY what needs to be done?

I am willing to help you. I'm sure others are as well. It's a challenging task, and absolutely possible.

The question is, how hard are we willing to work to make it happen?

Even if we "fail" we will succeed in paving the path for a second, third, fourth, attempt.

If we truly believe that THESE ARE OUR RIGHTS, as much as breathing and the first amendment are our rights, then we will not stop until it happens.

It's no secret that it would be a great challenge . . .

someone great once said, "nothing great has ever been achieved without enthusiasm" [my paraphrase]

So how enthusiastic are we?

It's always easier with more people helping a grass roots cause like this - if you wish to take up this challenge, I will help in any way I can :)

-Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Re-writing ca gun laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!