bushmaster is great

PDA

Lloyd Smale
December 16, 2009, 08:43 AM
I bought a new flatop 762x39 and before it arrived i bought 6 cproducts magazines. first couple trips to the range were frustration. the bullets tended to nose dive into the ramp and the springs in the mags didnt seem to be strong enough to push the rounds up when they were fully loaded. I tried tweaking the mags and cutting and polishing the feed ramp but just couldnt get it to feed reliably. I called bushmaster and they said to send it in with all my mags. I sent it with the 6 cproducts mags and the one bushy mag that came with it (it didnt work either) Only one c produts mag seemed to feed reliable and i marked it as such. A week later i got the gun back and they recut and repolished the feed ramp even more and test fired the gun with 7 new mags and replaced all of the cproducts mags with theres. They obviously use cproduts mags themselves and just mark them differnt as there identical. Ive heard that the first batch of cproducts mags for these guns were weak in the spring and they updated them down the line and my guess is i got some of the old ones. either way i though that bushy replacing them even though they werent theres was above and beyond what was expected and i think they need a little pat on the back!

If you enjoyed reading about "bushmaster is great" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tju1973
December 16, 2009, 09:00 AM
Cool! It is always nice to see American companies doing the right thing....COngrats!

skwab
December 16, 2009, 11:27 AM
it's frustrating when you get a new gun (or anything for that matter) and it doesn't work, but when you have customer service that backs up their product, it makes it easier to handle. Glad Bushmaster was good to deal with. I had a similar experience with CZ-USA - brand new P-07 wouldn't drop a mag - sent it in, had a brand new P-07 in my hand within a week. It's customer service like that that brings people back.

knights_armorer
December 16, 2009, 11:38 AM
they have some of the best customer service in the biz

FNHiPower
December 16, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hey Lloyd, were the mags for 7.62x39 on your upper or were they 223 mags? Thinking about this upper too. Thanks.

possum
December 16, 2009, 12:55 PM
Bushmaster is great, I agree! thanks for sharing.

Lloyd Smale
December 16, 2009, 02:46 PM
i bought the entire gun from bushmaster not an upper. The mags were suposidly specific mags for the 762x39. After i sent them in i learned on the ar15 forum that some guys take wolf extra power ak mag springs and use them in the 30 round mags for the ar. I bought 3 from wolf but it looks like these new ones allready have a heavier spring in them.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
I will also say a big +1 to Bushmaster customer service - they fixed me right up, no charge, on my problem, and paid return shipping.

BushyGuy
December 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
yeah Bushmaster is excellent customer service, i asked for some some gas rings they send me the whole rebuild package for free including the extractor and firing pin, cuz my gun was still under warranty.

i like Bushmaster i wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again!

greyling22
December 16, 2009, 08:49 PM
my cousin blew his bushy up with what we suspect was a bad reload. bushy showed him absolutely no love. and by blew up I do mean hundreds of pieces. he reloads handguns too and I suspect he filled a case with red dot instead of varget.

Brimic
December 16, 2009, 09:04 PM
my cousin blew his bushy up with what we suspect was a bad reload. bushy showed him absolutely no love. and by blew up I do mean hundreds of pieces. he reloads handguns too and I suspect he filled a case with red dot instead of varget.

I wouldn't expect any manufacturer to give any love to stunt reloaders.;)

FNHiPower
December 16, 2009, 09:11 PM
Lloyd, thanks for the info on the magazines.

If you enjoyed reading about "bushmaster is great" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!