Colt police positive in .32 long colt. what's it worth?

PDA

shooterfromtexas
December 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
nickel finish, barrel length seems to be about 4-5", and plastic grips.
ill get a few pics up soon.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt police positive in .32 long colt. what's it worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shooterfromtexas
December 16, 2009, 05:11 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/5mbk0h.jpg

Old Fuff
December 16, 2009, 06:13 PM
Double check and be sure the revolver is chambered in .32 Long Colt (which would be unusual) and not .32 S&W Long (AKA ".32 Colt New Police")

If chambered in .32 Long Colt the chambers will be drilled straight through, end-to-end. If chambered in .32 S&W Long/Colt N.P. there will be a step in the chambers, about 3/4 of the way toward the front.

The stocks appear to be original black hard-rubber, not plastic.

The serial number is stamped on the frame, behind the crane (the hinge part the cylinder is attached to. You will have to swing out the cylinder to see the number. Post that number using xx for the last 2 digits, and the year of manufacture can be determined. All of these things could affect the value.

MMCSRET
December 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
I have a Police Positive chambered in 32 Colt(will not chamber 32S&W), but it is marked 32 Colt, not 32 Long Colt. It will chamber and fire 32 Long Colt, but I have never seen one marked as such, however it is Colt and they really didn't do the same thing the same way twice in a row. The stocks look to be original hard rubber and in good shape. I like it!!!!!!

shooterfromtexas
December 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
I will get back with you guys with the above information!
Thanks!

Guillermo
December 18, 2009, 12:29 AM
it is worth 45 dollars but being the Christmas Season I will give you 90 for it

Old Fuff
December 18, 2009, 09:58 AM
Guillermo, go away!!! (The Old Fuff reaches for his fly swatter). :neener:

See post No. 2… I saw him first and claim senior pillaging privileges. :evil: :D

We can’t take innocent new members to the cleaners until it is first determined what they have, rather then what they think they have. ;)

MMCSRET
December 18, 2009, 10:36 AM
BUT!!!!!!!!! most detrimental attitude to successful pillaging is, what WE think they have and our THINK turns out wrong!!!!!!!!

Old Fuff
December 18, 2009, 11:29 AM
Are you saying that it possible that the Old Fuff could ever be... well make a mistake...??? :what: :what: :what:

This is all to shocking!! :D

MMCSRET
December 18, 2009, 01:30 PM
Anything having to do with Colt is never a mistake, its called; turning the advantage!!!

Old Fuff
December 18, 2009, 04:59 PM
Oh I don’t know, this revolver is pretty old, and they haven’t made any new ones since about 1944 or ’45. Don’t know about those “plastic” handles either. Thirty-two’s are mostly worthless – I mean who would take one to a gunfight? Now if it was a snubby… :rolleyes: :uhoh:

Now all I have to do is watch out for Guillermo... :evil:

Cosmoline
December 18, 2009, 06:11 PM
Off the top of my head I'd put a value of $500 to $800 depending on whether it's been scratched up at all. It looks minty from the photo. There's a serious price spike for minty vintage Colts, esp. nickle finish.

Old Fuff
December 18, 2009, 07:04 PM
I'd put a value of $500 to $800

Well I don't have to worry about Guillermo if Cosmoline is around... :uhoh: :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt police positive in .32 long colt. what's it worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!