Savage Mkii scope base

PDA

crazyjennyblack
December 16, 2009, 11:33 PM
I've had a Savage Mkii for a while ($107 at Wallyworld).

It's a pretty nice little rifle, and I like the iron sights, but I've got a few other .22's with iron sights, but none with a scope. So, I've been thinking of getting a scope to put on top of it, but I can't find the appropriate base. I understand the new ones come with scope bases standard, but mine didn't. The receiver is drilled and tapped with four holes. No grooves, either, just four holes. Went to a couple of local gunshops, and one man told me that they took Weaver # 16 two piece bases, but I can't be sure since he told me that he's out of stock, and it'll take a while to get them. I can find them online, but I'd rather see if anyone on here has looked at this before.

Are Weaver # 16's right? Are the front and the back pieces the same, or are they different? If they're not right, can you tell me what ones are, or where I can get a blank that will fit my receiver and allow me to drill the holes myself?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mkii scope base" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TargetTerror
December 17, 2009, 02:06 AM
I'm pretty sure this is what you want:

http://swfa.com/EGW-Picatinny-Rail-1-Piece-Scope-Mount-P12408.aspx

Not sure if the Wallyworld is any different from a standard MKII. You can call Savage and ask. Or ask over on savageshooters.com or rimfirecentral.com.

EGW also makes a 20MOA base. It's not necessary unless you want to shoot your rifle at 200 yards. I have a heavy barrel MKII and it will keep everything in a 4 inch circle at 200 yards with SK standard ammo if I do my part and the wind is calm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mkii scope base" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!