What should my next gun purchase be?

PDA

Motodeficient
December 17, 2009, 03:33 PM
Looking at adding a more powerful rifle to my gun collection. Currently own an XD9, ruger 10/22, bolt action .410, and maverick 88 tactical. I think a rifle with more punch than the 22 will round my aersenal out a little.

I don't want to spend a ton, was thinking of an AK-47, saiga .223, or maybe just a Mosin Nagant.

This saiga .223 seems like a pretty good deal for $269.99?

http://www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_firearms.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "What should my next gun purchase be?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fireman 9731
December 17, 2009, 03:39 PM
A Mosin is without a doubt the most bang for your buck. An AK is pretty effective too. The Saiga's suck without the conversion, so if you are up to converting it then its a pretty good deal.

My vote would be for a Mosin... heck buy 3 or 4 of them for the price of an AK.

RP88
December 17, 2009, 04:01 PM
do not buy the Mosin yet. Get other non-milsurp guns first.

I'm telling you this because...well, once you get one milsurp, you're gonna want another, and another, and another; then you think you'll be set - until you realize that they are only getting more expensive and you have the cash laying around to afford them all, so then you'll buy another, then another, and another...:banghead::uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "What should my next gun purchase be?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!