I need help with Lee Turret Press!

PDA

mugsie
December 18, 2009, 07:20 PM
I just purchased a Lee 4 hole turret press as a secondary unit for odds and ends. When I unpacked it, there was a small black plastic square thingy with a hole through the center of it, and a small metal piece, also with a hole through the center. Nowhere on the instructions, or on their videos, do they explain what these are for. Can you help me?

Secondly, when the ram is in the full down position, the primer pusher in thing is so far through the shell plate that I can't insert a shell. I need to move the ram up about 1/4 inch or more before the case will slide in. Shouldn't the ram position itself at a level such that the case slides in and when I push forward on the handle it pushes the primer into the case? How do I adjust this?

Thanks for your help.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "I need help with Lee Turret Press!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
warnerwh
December 18, 2009, 07:26 PM
Keep that square nylon piece with the hole in it. The ram having to be partially up is normal and easy to get used to. There's a thread I started just a bit down this page called "Classic Turret Questions" that will answer more questions. Someone posted a thread regarding the Classic Turret in that thread that is a must read. You should read before you get going as it may save you some grief. It helped me.

flashhole
December 18, 2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=487742

You need to view this thread and save it. It is very helpful for all of us who own a Lee press.

delta5
December 18, 2009, 11:58 PM
The primer cup should be up past the shellholder with the ram all the way down. This is where you press the primer into the shell. you have to lift the ram up a bit to remove the shell or put a new one in. You need to watch the two videos on the lee precision site to see how this all works.

RandyP
December 19, 2009, 12:32 AM
some good info with pics:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2006/leeturretpress/index.asp

1SOW
December 19, 2009, 12:56 AM
Square plastic thingy: Drives the turret indexing rod. Subject to wear/stretch if care is not taken to release the drive before hand rotating the turret, hence the spare. The part is cheap. The postage is not.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need help with Lee Turret Press!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!