Real questions on .204 Ruger

PDA

M. Jager
November 11, 2003, 01:59 AM
Does anybody have any real data on the .204 Ruger? Balistics compared to the .223 maybe? Drop, wind drift, and energy out to say 500 yards? Expected barrel life based on hard info? I find the cartridge mildy interesting other than I feel Hornady based it on the .222 simply to force people to buy ammo to obtain brass. Also, I don't like Ruger rifles but that is another story. I would really like to see a "by the numbers" comparision on how it stacks up to other varmint calibers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Real questions on .204 Ruger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
November 11, 2003, 09:14 AM
One of the things I like about the Sierra Reloading handbook is the set of tables for exterior ballistics. Once you know the ballistic coefficient and muzzle velocity of "Bullet X", you can compare it with a similar-diameter bullet with a BC near to it and get a pretty good idea of the performance.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Real questions on .204 Ruger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!