some images from St.Petersburg museum of Artillery

PDA

max popenker
November 11, 2003, 02:54 AM
hello

last weekend i spent some time in my favorite museum, the St.Petersburg State Museum of Artillery, Engineering Corps and Signal Corps, having with me my Olympus C350 digicam.

for those of you who still wasn't here, i compiled a small image gallery, just follow the link below:
http://world.guns.ru/museum/art-museum.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "some images from St.Petersburg museum of Artillery" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oleg Volk
November 11, 2003, 02:58 AM
That was a very impressive museum, lots of exhibits, diaramas and paintings. That and the Hermitage/Winter palace make up most of the good memories of the life back there.

duckfoot
November 11, 2003, 03:55 AM
WOW, I've never see any of those up close, but know more about vehicles from the Russian inventory than from my own country. Most people would not believe the performance from some of the T series of tanks. Way cool!!!

T62s
T72s
BMPs

OH my!!!

Thanks Max

Ukraine Train
November 11, 2003, 09:49 AM
Wow, very cool. I never got to see St. Petersburg before we left Odessa, unfortunately. Your site is awesome, I'm there quite often. Never realized you were registered here hehe.

El Tejon
November 11, 2003, 09:56 AM
Listen to me, boy, and listen up well;
tho' the Irish fight well, the Rooshian artillery is hotter than hell!

Camel
November 11, 2003, 10:04 AM
I must have missed that while I was in St. Petersberg. Sadly my family doesnt see eye to eye with me on the historical value of big guns.

You've seen one palace, you've seen em all, but artillery is a different story!:D

Aleko
November 11, 2003, 10:23 AM
Oh, sweet memories... I remember my dad and I going there almost every year back when I was a kid. I liked it so much he couldn't drag me out of that place. Thanks for bringing those memories back...

Black Snowman
November 11, 2003, 10:39 AM
Great pictures and a lot of history there. If I ever have the means I'd love to visit it one day. Thanks for getting me a little closer for free :D

LoneStranger
November 11, 2003, 06:49 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.

What brand truck is under that "Kathuska"(sic) rocket launcher?

Reason for question is "Old" story that so many Studebaker trucks were shipped to U.S.S.R. during "Great Patriotic War", WWII for Americans, that the term Studebaker came into common usage for the word truck.

Remember, Big Boys like Big Toys!

max popenker
November 13, 2003, 03:44 AM
yes, many BM-13's (Katyusha) were mounted on Studebaker 6x4 trucks, received via Land Lease program

If you enjoyed reading about "some images from St.Petersburg museum of Artillery" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!