Dusted off the ol' XD(M)

PDA

barneyfife.357
December 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
A couple weeks ago I brought out my XDM 9mm, that I just "had to have" when they first came available, but rarely shot since then. I put maybe 500 rounds through the gun now, and am using it for IDPA, but I realized why I don't shoot it much, that grip is just not real comfortable. I did see another shooter there who had some after-market grip work done, looked like stipling, I am not sure, but I know it wasn't tape. I have since searched and cannot locate well-known or good smith's that work on XD's or do this type of work to XD's, anyone have suggestions? Also, I was thinking about Dawson Sights, they are quite a bit taller than stock, what holster works best? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dusted off the ol' XD(M)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
David E
December 19, 2009, 08:30 PM
Dawson sights are pretty good. Get the .100 wide front sight w/ fiber optic.

www.kytac.com makes holsters for the XD-m. In fact, two of the IDPA National Champions used them again this year.

Mike J
December 19, 2009, 08:45 PM
I would suggest going to www.xdtalk.com There is a lot of info about XD's & what services & accessories are available for them there.

CPshooter
December 20, 2009, 03:11 PM
The feel of the grip is what turned me off with the XDm. I think the regular XD's grip feels much better in my hands. I don't know if it's the new grip texture or what, but the XDm grip feels nothing like the XD grip.

possum
December 20, 2009, 04:29 PM
either springfiled factory can do it, also springer precision, and Bowie tactical concepts too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dusted off the ol' XD(M)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!