Added a pistol to my collection!

PDA

Magic_Man
December 22, 2009, 01:19 AM
Some of you may remember my thread trying to decide what to get:

I went to a local shop today & checked out most of what was on my list. The Beretta 92 felt too big for my hands, the Sig P226 felt like it may be too big for my hands too, but I'd like to hold it again before I make my final decision. The RIA 1911 is nice & I will probably go back & grab the 1 they have. However, it definitely needs new sights as the factory ones are worthless. Also handled a FNP9. Didn't feel right to me either. I almost got a G19 or S&W M&P fullsize (Sold my fullsize to get my compact), but I ended up with a CZ 75B. I would like to replace the grips w/something more comfy, though. Hopefully, I'll get to shoot it next week. So many guns that I want & not enough $.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy288/ARfanatic/IMG_5594.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Added a pistol to my collection!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hiram2005
December 22, 2009, 01:30 AM
One of the best 9's in my opinion :)

armoredman
December 22, 2009, 01:41 AM
Excellent choice! We have two custom grip makers at czforum.com, Omega and Hakan Pek. My wife and I have Hakans on a few of our CZs, example here.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PCRclassy.jpg

Also, czcustom.com has grips, and cz-usa.com has some snazzy aluminum ones.
You got a fine sidearm, sir, let us know how she shoots for you. :)

Magic_Man
December 22, 2009, 01:43 AM
I'd be looking for something like a Hogue (rubber or similar) grip

Jermz1987
December 22, 2009, 03:26 AM
Congrats... My first gun was the CZ75b SA. Ive had it for a few months and I have never had a problem with it.

JamisJockey
December 22, 2009, 08:07 AM
Nice! Friend in Utah had one of those, and it was a great shooter! I managed to get some of my tightest ever pistol groups with that gun. You'll love it!

SC_1911Shooter
December 22, 2009, 09:14 AM
About as reliable as a hammer. CZ's are some of the most under-appreciated firearms going. My CZ-P01 is the epitome of reliability and so ergonomic and for such a short barrel length, amazingly accurate. Congrats! I think you're going to love it.

skwab
December 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
Very cool! I have three CZs now and love 'em - it's hard to beat CZ ergos.

GojuBrian
December 22, 2009, 10:13 AM
I put hogues with finger grooves on my cz75b. Works like a charm. Great pistol!

phoenix79
December 22, 2009, 12:00 PM
Great choice, I have the same in .40 and a P-06, and a P-07. As for grips, you may look into the factory rubber grips first. they are far superior to the plastic ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "Added a pistol to my collection!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!