Moly coated bullets in Glock barrels?

PDA

BlayGlock
December 25, 2009, 01:28 AM
I have been told that you are not supposed to shoot regular lead bullets through factory Glock barrels due to the way that they are rifled. Are moly-coated bullets okay to shoot in Glocks?

I am going to start reloading 9mm for IDPA and I am loooking for a good source of bullets, moly seams to be cheaper than the alternative?

If you enjoyed reading about "Moly coated bullets in Glock barrels?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
distra
December 25, 2009, 01:45 AM
I and several of my fellow shooters, use Precision Bullets (http://www.precisionbullets.com) in our Glocks. They work just fine. These a coated with a tough polymer that keeps the lead off your barrel and from vaporizing during shooting. I shoot both 9mm and .45ACP through my Glocks. I do clean them after 500 or so rounds, but that's me.

R. Deckard
December 25, 2009, 01:59 AM
I also use 147 precision moly coated bullets in my Glock 34. Round count is problebly close to over 6000 rounds, not a single problem. I'll run a bore snake thought it each time before a match and clean it real good about every 500 rounds.

Deckard

BlayGlock
December 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I dont think it would be a problem. I clean my guns after every range session.

R. Deckard, Why do you use 147 gr as opposed to 115?

If you enjoyed reading about "Moly coated bullets in Glock barrels?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!