Anyone here have any experience with the .270WSM?

PDA

Will Fennell
November 11, 2003, 08:32 PM
Ok gang,
I've got a TIKKA T3 in .270WSM on order. I'm getting scopes, mounts, ammo, and reloading componets together now so as to be ready for the range. Has anyone here had much experience with this round yet? Any insight on things it likes and doesn't like? Anyone zapped a deer with it yet?

Somebody please help keep me entertained with ideas and insight regarding this rifle/caliber..........I'm jones'en bad:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone here have any experience with the .270WSM?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
November 11, 2003, 11:12 PM
i've got the 300 version.

mine likes rl-19, and expect the 270 should, too. i would try rl-19, rl-22, and h-4831 in that order.

mine is making its first ever deer hunt on friday. hope to have results by monday. i have whacked an antelope, and the results were impressive - but i expected that from a 180 grain pill traveling 3100 f/s...

six 4 sure
November 12, 2003, 12:25 AM
I have a .270 WSM, but i haven't shot it much. Check out www.shortmags.org lots of good info there.

six

Will Fennell
November 12, 2003, 01:31 AM
Six,
Thanks for the link.....its been a wealth of info! 140 gr Nosler Accu-bonds are looking good!

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone here have any experience with the .270WSM?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!