Fabarm Tri-Bore?

PDA

Skunkabilly
January 20, 2003, 02:56 PM
What the heck is a Tri-Bore? I don't know too much about shotguns so what's so special about Fabarm's Tri-Bore shotguns?

If you enjoyed reading about "Fabarm Tri-Bore?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bamf
January 20, 2003, 04:20 PM
From H&K site,

FABARM shotguns feature the TriBore® Barrel System, a radical manufacturing innovation in barrel design.

The TriBore® Barrel System consists of three distinct internal bore profiles – each with minute variations in internal diameter which provides hard-hitting performance combined with less felt recoil.

The first bore is located just in front of the chamber and the forcing cone and has a slightly expanded internal diameter of .7401 inches, providing for softer recoil.

The second bore is located in the middle of the barrel and gradually chokes down to .7244 inches, creating a standard shotgun cylinder bore profile which allows the shot column to increase in velocity.

The third bore consists of the FABARM choke system – a unique combination of standard choking followed by a cylinder profile area just before the shot column leaves the barrel – ensuring uniform distribution and patterning.

Marshall
January 20, 2003, 05:29 PM
AN EXCELLENT BBL AND WILL PROBABELY BE WHY I CHOOSE THE FABARM SEMI-AUTO TACTICLE OVER THE FN OF THE SAME. HAVEN'T 100% DECIDED YET THOUGH. I NEED TO HANDLE THEM AGAIN.

:cuss: Dang caps lock key

Skunkabilly
January 20, 2003, 07:51 PM
bamf (LOL I like your name), so what does that mean? Tighter patterns?

major 98
January 20, 2003, 08:27 PM
I also have the Fabarm tactical shotgun and love it. Yes the tribore does tighten the group. I believe it was at about 15yds i shot two shots with it and they were both covering an area of about the size of one of those small basketballs. Somewhere around 7" with 00 buckshot. if your interested in the semi auto fabarm i have to say its one of the nicest shotgugs i have shot. The recoil is the lightest i have felt. I even use it to shoot skeet now and then and it does great for what i do. Major

Skunkabilly
January 20, 2003, 09:08 PM
I want a semi-auto with the rail, mag extension and carbon fiber finish! CARBON FIBER!!!

major 98
January 20, 2003, 09:36 PM
I would try to find one of the carbon fibers in stock if you havent already. I have seen a couple and am not real impressed. I would go with the plain black the other options you will like though. i dont have a heatshield on mine but you can really heat it up fast so you may want to think about that if your hands may touch the barrel. Major

If you enjoyed reading about "Fabarm Tri-Bore?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!