M44 loose front sight...help please

PDA

ineedmoney
December 26, 2009, 05:39 PM
you guys wont believe this....well you might. i was just messing around because my new(to me) mosin was not shooting accurately and i grabed the part that holds the bayonet on(where the screw is) and tried moving it with my hand and i can wiggle it up and down which moves my front sight about 1/8" i think if move move it all the way to the left my sights would be on point but how can i get it locked in place?

If you enjoyed reading about "M44 loose front sight...help please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ineedmoney
December 26, 2009, 06:25 PM
the only think i can think of is to put the sight all the way to the left where i think it should be, and shoot it and if it hit where i aim put some solder on it.....do you guys think it will work?

ineedmoney
December 26, 2009, 08:25 PM
***? anybody out there??????:cuss::confused::banghead:

NCsmitty
December 26, 2009, 09:41 PM
Patience grasshopper!
So you're telling us that your bayonet bracket is moving on the barrel of your M44?
If that's the case, then you need to check that the 2 drive pins that secure it, is not missing or damaged. Perhaps someone has messed with it. I know that the bracket is generally press fit to the barrel and not easily moved. The pins are not normally easy to see right off either.

NCsmitty

[Pb]
December 26, 2009, 10:42 PM
I think loctite would fix this. That would be the first thing I would try, it's totally reversible.

ineedmoney
December 26, 2009, 11:59 PM
sorry........yeah the pins are there and they dont appear to me that they are damaged.. where do u think i should put the loc tite? in front of the front sight or on the back?

ineedmoney
December 27, 2009, 12:01 AM
nc smitty what county you live in? iam from nc 2 i live in vance, you know of any good long range ranges??? 200+ yards

NCsmitty
December 27, 2009, 10:06 AM
ineedmoney, you don't live too far from the Butner Range. Here's a link to their range.
http://www.northstateshootingclub.com/Pages/Directions.htm

I live in Wilkes county and have the Hawks Ridge range in Ferguson, NC.

NCsmitty

ineedmoney
December 27, 2009, 06:20 PM
thanks man, that looks like a nice one....i was going to wal mat in oxford yesterday and passed the exit on I-85 and had to go like 15miles before i got to another exit and that was in butner :mad:

i think that is the exit for the range lol

If you enjoyed reading about "M44 loose front sight...help please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!