It's been a bushnell Christmas.

PDA

scythefwd
December 26, 2009, 11:58 PM
The wife bought me my scope for my ML this Christmas. A bushy trophy 1.7-4x32 scope. It came with a bushy sportsman 4x32. Now I have something that allows me to play with my .308 for a little while. I know neither are the VX-III or Monarchs that everyone speaks of, but at 100y, they will do the job more than adequately. I don't have to see the x's in the 10 ring to have the crosshairs bisect the target and put the bullet in the x (if the rifle can do it, I still may not be able to).

Who wants to take lots on how long the sportsman lasts with .308 hunting rounds??? It is mounted with Weaver bases and Millet rings.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's been a bushnell Christmas." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mr_Pale_Horse
December 27, 2009, 12:13 PM
A fixed power scope is likely going to stand up better than a variable of the same price point, since it has fewer parts/fewer moving parts.

scythefwd
December 27, 2009, 05:21 PM
While I understand that, the .308 will probably shake that thing loose after a bit. I can see clearly at 100y with it, but I doubt it will be great in low light. That's ok, I hunt public property and don't have the inclination to go tromping through the woods in low light, so I don't shoot near the end of the days. It will probably serve well enough as a hunting scope. I need to get some time to go shooting soon. A local range will let you shoot for the cost of the ammo. Guess it is time to find a box of 150gr and 170gr of the same manufacturer/type (corelokts, fusions, gmx, barnes, etc.) and go have a blast. It is about time I got a set of sights on this barrel, so now to use them.

Indianaky.... Seymour/Brownstown area or closer to Bloomington?

oz_lowrider
December 27, 2009, 06:59 PM
Possibly a dumb question, what's an ML????

scythefwd
December 27, 2009, 08:06 PM
ML = muzzle loader.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's been a bushnell Christmas." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!