AK's w/45 degree slant muzzle brake

PDA

JTH
December 27, 2009, 04:21 PM
Since I'm far from an authority on AK's, why is the is the muzzle brake on many AK's I see, a little askew to left and not ablsolutely straight? It would still be lined up with the bore of the barrel. My MAK 90 is like this and I've seen other AK's with this type of muzzle brake in this position. It just looks odd that it's not centered. Hard to explain unless you know what I'm talking about.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK's w/45 degree slant muzzle brake" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hammerklavier
December 27, 2009, 04:23 PM
That is to push the weapon down and to the left to counteract the recoil which is up and to the right (on right handed shooters).

wally
December 27, 2009, 04:26 PM
The idea is it compensates for the tendency in full auto for a right handed shooter to rise up and right. No real effect in semi as far as I can tell, but I think an AK doesn't look right without this or the AK74 style brake on the end. YMMV.

--wally.

JTH
December 27, 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys for the quick responses.
JT

ineedmoney
December 27, 2009, 07:39 PM
That is to push the weapon down and to the left to counteract the recoil which is up and to the right (on right handed shooters).
yeah he is right, i think that with the ak 74 brake you get more consistent patterns. it seems to me that it makes the rifle a little louder to

If you enjoyed reading about "AK's w/45 degree slant muzzle brake" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!