Dr. Dremel attacks ugly SKS stock... PICS

PDA

makarov
November 11, 2003, 11:01 PM
I was considering putting on an ATI stock for this SKS Sporter, but decided to modify it with a Dremel in the meantime. I think it really improved the looks and feel of the grip. Sanded the whole stock and finished it with some clear deck oil that I had laying around (mostly linseed oil anyway)

The wood was really soft, but has a nice grain to it. It is a very lightweight stock. The gun shoots pretty well. The trigger is long, but breaks pretty cleanly with almost no overtravel.

Gun is pictured with a 5 round mag, but will take any AK magazine. In my opinion the SKS is a better design. You can't have a full auto AKM/ AK-47 anyway, so comparing them both as semi-auto designs I give the nod to the SKS. This gun takes AK mags, so you get the best of both.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dr. Dremel attacks ugly SKS stock... PICS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
makarov
November 11, 2003, 11:03 PM
Another picture

gburner
November 11, 2003, 11:16 PM
Makarov...

VERY NICE JOB. I was also working on an SKS stock over the past several days. I'd post pic's, but there is a ban against the type of hideous visuals that are the result of my ham handed wood shop efforts. I will be getting the ATI stock, now out of necessity instead of as an option.:uhoh:

DrDremel
November 12, 2003, 08:21 AM
Well I never touched the stock but it is in the spirit of the name. I did an AR-15 lower with a dremel and hand tools. Nice job.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dr. Dremel attacks ugly SKS stock... PICS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!