New Rem 700 safety question

PDA

Nico Testosteros
December 29, 2009, 10:52 PM
Am I supposed to only be able to put the fire selector on safe when the firing pin has been cocked (or the bolt removed)? I can understand one wouldn't need to put the safety on if the gun hasn't been cocked but still...

The wife bought me a 700 CDL in .270 with the non externally adjustable X Mark Pro trigger for Xmas.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Rem 700 safety question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uncle Mike
December 29, 2009, 11:02 PM
Safety is able to be engaged only if the rifle is in the cocked position!

ArmedBear
December 29, 2009, 11:04 PM
That's true of most safeties on most firearms, just because of how they work internally.:)

Nico Testosteros
December 30, 2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks guys!
I couldn't find the answer in my owner's manual or on Remington's site.
This place rocks.

Nico

Uncle Mike
December 30, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hey Nico....1-800-243-9700

Be sure, be safe!

10mm Mike
December 31, 2009, 03:44 PM
For what its worth, Remington's old trigger wasn't externally adjustable either. From what I've read, the new trigger is just as easy to adjust as the old one, only it uses hex or torx screws instead of the regular ones.

The only Remington triggers that are externally adjustable are on the 40-X guns, and they aren't cheap, and found mostly on custom shop guns.

Uncle Mike
December 31, 2009, 05:47 PM
From what I've read, the new trigger is just as easy to adjust as the old one, only it uses hex or torx screws instead of the regular ones.

If your talking about the Remington X-Trigger...be very careful in adjusting it, the sear engagement is super critical on this trigger!

If you enjoyed reading about "New Rem 700 safety question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!