Rock River

PDA

OhioChief
December 30, 2009, 04:11 PM
Just bought a RRA LAR-8 A4. Was ordered by my gun store in 2007, and just came in. And I just happened to be there when it did. I called it fate and bought it. I did some searches out here, but didn't see where anybody referred to the LAR-8 much. Anybody else have one, would like to hear what you think of it. I have not fired it yet, as it has no sights/scope. So I did some other searches on here, and boy there sure is a lot of advice on scopes. I think the real decision to make is how much I want to spend, and how long I want to wait to have that much money to spend. I may have to put a piece of crap on there just so I can fire it a few times, although that just seems wrong. It sure does look pretty in the safe.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock River" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mags
December 30, 2009, 04:35 PM
I have one it is a pretty good rifle. Parts are rare, good luck floating the barrel it took me 1 month to find a free float rail for mine. Contacted RRA customer service about some spare parts 2 months ago by phone and email and I still have not recieved a response. Find yourself some used FAL mags on GunBroker and clean em up. You can normally get them for about 5-8 bucks a pop for used and abused mags. New mags are 15 to 20 bucks but hard to find. Mine likes 168 grain BTHP bullets but I heard 175 and 180 grainers due pretty goo as well. Here is a link (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=490589&highlight=lar-8)to where I posted a pic of mine.

OhioChief
December 31, 2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks Mags. I haven't even started to think about extra mags yet, so I'll look at GunBroker.

taliv
December 31, 2009, 07:08 PM
if you want good glass but don't have the $ yet, just buy your BUIS first and shoot with irons for a while

zstephens13
December 31, 2009, 07:49 PM
+1 Taliv.
I had an extra bushnell scope lying so i put it on, but it was just a disgrace to the rifle.
I got a set of flip down sights while i save for a good scope and man that thing is fun to shoot!
Welcome to the club and enjoy!

Z

Also, I can not believe it took you that long to get your rifle! two years?! i live in idaho right now and went to my gun dealer, told him what i wanted, he got on the phone and said, "it will be here tomorrow." so i went in the next day and picked it up. Just lucky i guess.

badnova
January 1, 2010, 04:07 PM
I got an LAR 8 a couple months ago and I'm not real happy with its accuracy, but I've onlu got 100 +- rounds through it. Very soft shooting gun for a 308. It feels mor like one of my AR's
I've got a Saiga also and it kicks like my 300 WBY......
Probably stock designon the Saiga. I'm waiting to hear back on the accuracy issue.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock River" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!