Deciding the fate of the FN 5.7x28

PDA

cz85cmbt
December 31, 2009, 02:03 AM
For some reason this post is a duplicate of my post with a poll, and I can't seem to find how to close the thread

So what is it, an out of place varmint cartridge that really doesn't have niche, or a super cool man stopper never seen before until now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Deciding the fate of the FN 5.7x28" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Peter M. Eick
December 31, 2009, 07:10 AM
I find it an accurate plinker round that is a lot of fun at the range.

My shooting buddy has a ps90 and an AR upper for the round and I am always impressed at how accurate it is at 100 yrds. Just don't cant the PS90 as the sights are very high up.

In the field, I think it would be a great suburban to near town varmint cartridge where you did not want the noise of a 223 or 22/250.

Uncle Mike
December 31, 2009, 07:33 AM
I wish someone (major manufacturer)would bring out a nice bolt action rifle in that chambering.

what a nice close in/mid range vermin round!

kentucky_smith
December 31, 2009, 04:20 PM
Well, it is reloadable...

Gryffydd
December 31, 2009, 04:22 PM
I wish someone (major manufacturer)would bring out a nice bolt action rifle in that chambering.

what a nice close in/mid range vermin round!
I think they call that a .22 Hornet :evil:

NG VI
December 31, 2009, 04:28 PM
What was wrong with the other thread?

Justin
December 31, 2009, 05:59 PM
So what is it, an out of place varmint cartridge that really doesn't have niche, or a super cool man stopper never seen before until now.

It's a low-recoil round designed to be effectively and accurately fired rapidly or in full-auto, with the primary purpose of penetrating soft body armor.

Uncle Mike
December 31, 2009, 06:35 PM
I think they call that a .22 Hornet

Yeah, the ol' Hornet...But another, new round, would be fun...huh!
besides, I think(?) the 5.7 may be more accurate and I know it is less finicky!

Gryffydd
December 31, 2009, 06:38 PM
I think(?) the 5.7 may be more accurate and I know it is less finicky!
Less finicky is always nice. I've never owned a Hornet, but they sure do have that reputation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Deciding the fate of the FN 5.7x28" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!