Ammo

PDA

cp11
January 1, 2010, 12:43 PM
The range that I want to use does'nt allow .223 FMJ rounds. Does anybody make non-FMJ rounds? thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mp5a3
January 1, 2010, 12:48 PM
Yes, but tough to find in brass cased. I use Silver Bear 62 grain at my outdoor range.

AR-15 Rep
January 1, 2010, 12:59 PM
You may want to make sure they are not talking about the SS109 rounds. Most ranges can not handle the piercing ammo. But then again... I think there is some softpoint ammo out there...

HGUNHNTR
January 1, 2010, 01:01 PM
There is soft point, hollow point, polymer tipped ammo galore for the .223. It will cost more than FMJ ammo, just depends on how bad you want to shoot.

W.E.G.
January 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
They are obviously trying to deter "military style" rifles.

There is no other explanation for it.

Find a different range to shoot your black rifles.

DougW
January 1, 2010, 07:35 PM
Most ranges here ban FMJ due to a higher potential of a ricochet than a SP or HP. The rule applies to everyone to cover for the guys that don't know what they are doing at a public range.

That is why I reload even .223 with SP or HP.

52grain
January 1, 2010, 08:04 PM
Don't know what kind of rifle you have, but the Fiocchi soft points work fairly well (for cheap factory loads) in my Remington 700.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!