Bound book question

PDA

Ed
November 12, 2003, 04:46 PM
Hey I probably could look it up but I'll ask. If you didn't renew your C&R liscense after 3 years, how long are you required to keep the bound book?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bound book question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
berettaman
November 12, 2003, 06:13 PM
No more C&R license no more Bound Book.However to be on the safe side I would keep it for at least a year.(A year from the expiration of your license or the last disposal entry.):D

Bill Hook
November 12, 2003, 06:41 PM
I believe it is 20 years.

blades67
November 12, 2003, 07:01 PM
My CYA SOP would be to keep it where you could find it until breathing ceases. Your SOP may be less paranoid.

EOD Guy
November 12, 2003, 10:25 PM
You are required by law to keep the book for 20 years after the last entry. It doesn't matter if you are still licensed or not.

Zundfolge
November 12, 2003, 10:43 PM
So are you still required to maintain your bound book for 20 years? Or can you just toss it in a drawer and forget about it?

If you buy or sell any C&R firearms after your C&R expires do you have to log them too?

EOD Guy
November 13, 2003, 10:53 AM
You don't have to maintain it anymore once your license expires. You just have to keep it around where you can find it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bound book question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!