Yugo Surplus Ammo...

PDA

spartanpride
January 3, 2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/am762y1000.aspx
It says corrosive, but I could easily clean the gun, but what I'm wondering is, is the ammo reliable, does it function well, any duds, etc.
Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Yugo Surplus Ammo..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marlin 45 carbine
January 3, 2010, 02:09 PM
I shot some in my Mini30, was a little sooty, smelled like Wolf or Bear but shot well no duds at all.

briansmithwins
January 3, 2010, 02:11 PM
I just finished ny second case.

No duds and it's plenty hot and accurate.

Corrosive- if you live where it's wet and don't clean with water your guns will rust.

BSW

Uncle Mike
January 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
We sell tons of that stuff.

IT IS CORROSIVE!

It is 'old' , plenty of 'duds', as you say, but that is to be expected with ammo as old as this stuff. Probably 2 or 3 out of every 100 rounds or so wont go boom.

I have shot many thousands of M67 through my Mausers, Yugo 48's, K98's and commercial brands. Accuracy is good, the brass is good, bullets are lead core, copper jacketed, boat-tail and 196 grains.

spartanpride
January 3, 2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks a lot! Looks like I found some plinking ammo! ;)

tju1973
January 3, 2010, 02:35 PM
Good plinking ammo-- just wash you gun out and relube when done...corrosive ammo is GTG in my book..

Average Joe
January 3, 2010, 02:42 PM
Great ammo, I buy it all the time...

If you enjoyed reading about "Yugo Surplus Ammo..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!