How often do you see very good 8mm Mausers at shows?

PDA

Ignition Override
January 4, 2010, 04:18 AM
The subject is original military configuration.
Yesterday a very attractive 8mm Yugo sold by 1100 at the list price of $150. It was tempting.
There were two others on a different table but were not for sale.

I've only begun looking for "RC", Czech or Yugos at this show and want to pursue one by this summer/fall, after my next objective.

If you enjoyed reading about "How often do you see very good 8mm Mausers at shows?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rust collector
January 4, 2010, 06:53 AM
They're around, but not as common as they once were.

AIM has these: http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Czechoslavakian_vz._24_8mm_Mauser_Rifle.html

Yugos and K98s aren't rare at this point, but the Turks sure seem to have dried up all of a sudden.

dogngun
January 4, 2010, 01:17 PM
made rifles are just amazing quality, even if the rifle looks the worse for wear. If the bore cleans up well, it will really shoot.
Also, if you can fined a Turk, you may want to try one of them, too - they usually still have very good rifling and were well maintained by their army.

I am asuming you want shooters rather than collectables.

mark

Maj Dad
January 4, 2010, 04:50 PM
I cut down a fence post stock on a VZ-24 & glass bedded it just for fun and it shot an honest (and witnessed) 1" at 100 yds off sand bags with some reloads. I was going to rebarrel it to 308 but now I'm stuck with it as an 8mm (reckon it's already a silk purse). I might drill & scope it since the receiver ring was ground & it has some rough spots here & there at the wood line. Bore is flawless in the original military bbl. R Guns also had some VZ-24s in "Excellent" condition recently for $250; I used to think that was highway robbery (mine was 69 bucks) but it might not be so bad nowadays...

If you enjoyed reading about "How often do you see very good 8mm Mausers at shows?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!