Remington model seven 1st type?

PDA

RonnieT
January 4, 2010, 11:53 AM
Not knowing where to ask this , I thought I would here since there are many all knowing that frequent here.

Back in the middle 80s I had 2 Remington model sevens

that were new and both 243 cal. and nice little rifles with nice straight grain walnut stocks.

Not like the pewter , plastic and plywood they sell now.

Long since sold them or traded them off, I remember the triggerguard and floorplate were of blued steel.

Using one of these triggerguards for a custom 600 Remington build I made the trigger guard fit.

But I remember the trigger guard bow being separate from the floor plate frame and being able to reshape the removable bow to fit the screw spacing of the 600.

All of the triggerguards I see now on them are a cast bow/frame type guard as one piece.

Am I delusional or were they like what I described?

Does any one have one of the first models that are like that ? and do you have any pictures of it?

Seems I am searching for something that does not exist?

Thank you

Ron

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington model seven 1st type?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
January 4, 2010, 12:21 PM
no, on some of the older models, the bow was deff a seperate piece, I think the 600/660/mohawks were like that, and maybe the 721's...

RonnieT
January 4, 2010, 12:27 PM
600s and Mohawks(same action , just different marked) had plastic trigger guards.
And A different screw spacing than the Model 7.
But I dont think that I dreamed the 7 as having a sperate trigger bow from the guard frame.
and the bow and frame were of steel not plastic,pewter or stainless.
Anyone have a picture of an early model trigger guard would you please post it?
Ron

Uncle Mike
January 4, 2010, 01:37 PM
IIRC, the Model 7 has always had a 1 piece guard.

RonnieT
January 4, 2010, 03:59 PM
2 replies and both 180 degrees.
Anyone with the 1st model have any pictures?
GPC lists the triggerguard (oldstyle) for just over 8.00
No pictures of it but tells me that this may be the trigger guard bow that is seprate from the triggerguard frame?
since it is 60.00 cheaper than the new style trigger guard.
Ron

Uncle Mike
January 4, 2010, 08:28 PM
I looked today in one of the parts manuals and it says 1 piece, one of the other smiths, who is older than dirt, or myself for that matter, says he thought there was a version of the model 7 with a 2 piece but it was never put into mass production.

Is your rifle a prototype?

I have two 1987 model year model 7's and they are 1 piece.

Sorry.

These guys will know 1-800-243-9700

RonnieT
January 4, 2010, 08:46 PM
I dont have either rifle now long been traded off.
But they were not prototype , bought both at gun shows
in the late 1980s and both were used , like new.
Very nice rifles, well made.
My old book by Frank DeHaas I think has one on the front cover I will look it up.
Like Numrich says they list an old style trigger guard for it , for little over 8.00.
It has to be the trigger bow part I am pretty sure.
But no old style frames for sale.
Out of stock.Pictures tell a 1000 words.
Ron

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington model seven 1st type?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!