5.45 ammo question

PDA

rizbunk77
January 4, 2010, 04:41 PM
Are the russians still shooting corrosive primed ammo currently? What I am really getting at is are we ever gonna see any surplus russian 5.45 that is not corrosive at some point down the road?

If you enjoyed reading about "5.45 ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Z-Michigan
January 4, 2010, 05:33 PM
Someday, yes, if ammo exports/imports are still legal in 10-20 years when it works its way into the surplus market. Don't bet on it being as cheap as corrosive surplus 5.45. If you want noncorrosive you have options from Wolf and Silver Bear, at least.

HorseSoldier
January 5, 2010, 12:26 AM
Corrosive ammo has better ignition properties under extreme cold, so I wouldn't hold my breath on the Russian military switching to non-corrosive primers any time soon.

nalioth
January 5, 2010, 12:39 AM
I second that.

The Russians want a *BANG* every time.

I don't see them switching to noncorrosive primers, either.

leftym4
January 5, 2010, 06:41 PM
buy wolf

they claim non corrosive
and its still A LOT cheaper than 7.62 and .223

gotmine
January 5, 2010, 07:28 PM
The Wolf and Barnaul are not corrosive, but all of the milsurp is...

devildog32713
January 5, 2010, 07:34 PM
Corrosive ammo has better ignition properties under extreme cold, so I wouldn't hold my breath on the Russian military switching to non-corrosive primers any time soon.

Great point!

If you enjoyed reading about "5.45 ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!