Steyr sbs ?

PDA

tcrocker
January 5, 2010, 06:27 PM
I found a Steyr SBS in 7mag with a camo stock and stainless barrel for $600. I'm not a 7mag fan never had one so I'd like to know if this is a good price, is the SBS a good rifle , and how much will reloading it cost compared to a 30-06.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr sbs ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
woods
January 5, 2010, 09:09 PM
Steyr rifles are great shooters. I have never heard of one that wouldn't shoot lights out. I have one in 30-06 and it is very consistant.

Definitely worth $600.00

Alagator
January 7, 2010, 02:02 PM
When you sight it in, rest it just ahead of the magazine, about where your forward hand would be. I have an sbs .270 blue barrel that shoots .4" with factory ammo. Steyr makes good rifles, and that sbs tang safety is a joy.

aubie515
January 7, 2010, 06:06 PM
I sold my Stery SBS tactical to a friend...that thing is an awesome rifle. Came with an A3 stock.

Steyrs typically sell for 1k, so if you can find one in the $600 range, you are doing well. I know that CDNN has a bunch of Steyr rifles in that range.

lopezni
January 7, 2010, 07:53 PM
where do you live? will a 7mm mag be practical for hunting in your area? If so then buy it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr sbs ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!