smith and wesson 5.45x39 upper

PDA

yongxingfreesty
January 6, 2010, 08:10 PM
are there any markings on the barrel? i ordered a complete upper (used) and 1 5.45x39 mag.

is there a different buffer I need to use? different hammer spring?
thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "smith and wesson 5.45x39 upper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
January 6, 2010, 10:59 PM
Mine came with a replacement hammer spring, but I didn't use it. I'm using an M4 style stock and the standard buffer.

Since function has been flawless, the hammer spring is in the spare parts bin. All the C-Products 5.45x39 AR mags I have been flawless too. I about to open my third tin of the corrosive cheap surplus ammo with a Saiga 5.45 and this to feed :)

I'm too lazy to get it out of the safe now, but I recall the only marking was 5.45x39 on the barrel near the front sight. Mine came in a box with S&W logo and paperwork.

--wally.

yongxingfreesty
January 7, 2010, 01:23 AM
Thx Wally, please let me know if you see any other markings. Is it recommended to use the regular buffer or H? Which is better?

If you enjoyed reading about "smith and wesson 5.45x39 upper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!