Ever heard of an ITHACA LSA65 ?

PDA

Milkmaster
January 6, 2010, 11:13 PM
Ever heard of an ITHACA LSA65 ?

A friend of mine has an Ithaca LSA65 rifle in 30-06. The barrel says "Made in Finland". The rifle shoots well and is used regularly to take deer. For years he has tried to identify the gun well enough to acquire an extra magazine for it. I don't find much mentioned on the internet on it in regards to just buying a magazine.

My discussion with him was that in my opinion by the Finland manufacture, Ithaca most likely imported the rifle and sold it under their name. If that is true, then possibly the rifle is the same as another brand and model. Therefore, maybe I can help him to find a magazine for it.

I dont have a picture at this point, but I will take one if I need to. Any help is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever heard of an ITHACA LSA65 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
351 WINCHESTER
January 7, 2010, 12:32 AM
I used to have one in .308. I recall it kicked like a mule, maybe due to the stock design or maybe I was just having a bad day. I've never seen another. I quickly sold it.

Jim Watson
January 7, 2010, 12:39 AM
They were made for Ithaca by Tikka in Finland.
A friend has an LSA 55 in .22-250 that shoots amazingly accurate with the 3X scope he put on it more for appearance than maximum aiming capability.

Tikka is since merged with Sako and at least a couple of models downstream through the 565 and the current plastic T3.
I haven't a clue where to get a magazine.

Milkmaster
January 7, 2010, 08:08 AM
Yes I find no problem with finding the rifles and their history on the web. They are very accurate for the price. I am just hopeful to find a 30-06 mag for the rifle. I was hopeful maybe someone knew if a mag for another rifle that also worked in the LSA 65.

Thanks.

Speedo66
January 7, 2010, 10:35 PM
All you have to do is learn to speak Finnish and go on the Finnish Ebay. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'd find out if there is a Finnish Ebay and post in English. Just about all Scandinavians speak English.

heeler
January 8, 2010, 10:58 AM
I own a LSA-55 in 243 and I can tell you those magazines are quite rare and when found,expensive.
Keep checking different gun aucrions,e-bay,etc and one day one will eventually pop up.
Still looking for one myself.

atblis
January 11, 2010, 05:01 PM
Heck, Tikka T3 mags are rare and expensive.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever heard of an ITHACA LSA65 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!