limbsaver?

PDA

nastynatesfish
January 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
Got the new barrel on my rifle and heading out to sight in, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and do they really help with accuracy? I have a heavy barrel now so not sure if it would do any good or not. Pics to follow. Also what would be a good bullet for a 1-9.5 twist 7mm mag? Its a hunting rifle that sees a lot of target shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "limbsaver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bobarino
January 7, 2010, 01:46 PM
if you mean their recoil pads, i don't know that it would help with accuracy but it sure does make it easier on the shoulder. i have one on my trap shotty and it makes it comfortable enough to shoot 100 rounds with no pain in even my bony shoulders.

Bobby

Uncle Mike
January 7, 2010, 01:51 PM
Limbsaver recoil pads are awesome!

Also what would be a good bullet for a 1-9.5 twist 7mm mag?

A good bullet for what? Hunting, target.......
For hunting, I like the 140gr, 160 gr stuff.

Bobarino
January 7, 2010, 04:39 PM
oh, you mean the deresonator. that one i have no idea about but frankly, i doubt it will make a significant improvement. plus they look goofy :)

Bobby

dagger dog
January 7, 2010, 06:08 PM
I believe the De-Resonator was targeted at the thin profile barrels, and tend to take the "whip" out of those slim barrels especially if paper or long range varmints are the target. In a hunting situation, stalking or still hunting deer, it could get knocked out of optimum position.

The recoil pads work great , I have a 870 Express Youth 20 ga, and shoot the 3" Magnum #4 buck loads, the pad makes the gun easy to get that 2nd or 3rd shot on target, (the head and neck area of coyotes ).

memphisjim
January 7, 2010, 06:09 PM
i have one on my saiga 12 they work great

kb2zya
January 7, 2010, 09:42 PM
i have one on my wifes 243. shoots smoother.:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "limbsaver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!