GLASBED® kits any good?

PDA

futureranger
January 7, 2010, 04:13 PM
i was thinking about getting the 20 dollar glass bed kit from brownells to reinforce the aluminum bedding i have on my savage, does anyone have experience with these? also how much would a gunsmith charge for a bedding job? thanks
-Pat

If you enjoyed reading about "GLASBED® kits any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mshootnit
January 7, 2010, 04:14 PM
I have used it twice and have been happy with the results. On one rifle though I had to buy another batch to add some more bedding to the front recoil lug area. No complaints here.

Big_E
January 7, 2010, 04:19 PM
I heard they work well. But as far as ur rifle is concerned, is it the accustock model? I don't think u are supposed to bed accustocks.

carbine85
January 7, 2010, 04:54 PM
I have used this with good results http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=acraglas/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=acraglas
I haven't used Glasbed

lopezni
January 7, 2010, 07:55 PM
I like the Miles Gilbert bedding kit. I bought mine from brownells.

If you enjoyed reading about "GLASBED® kits any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!