GLASBEDŽ kits any good?

PDA

futureranger
January 7, 2010, 04:13 PM
i was thinking about getting the 20 dollar glass bed kit from brownells to reinforce the aluminum bedding i have on my savage, does anyone have experience with these? also how much would a gunsmith charge for a bedding job? thanks
-Pat

If you enjoyed reading about "GLASBEDŽ kits any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mshootnit
January 7, 2010, 04:14 PM
I have used it twice and have been happy with the results. On one rifle though I had to buy another batch to add some more bedding to the front recoil lug area. No complaints here.

Big_E
January 7, 2010, 04:19 PM
I heard they work well. But as far as ur rifle is concerned, is it the accustock model? I don't think u are supposed to bed accustocks.

carbine85
January 7, 2010, 04:54 PM
I have used this with good results http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=acraglas/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=acraglas
I haven't used Glasbed

lopezni
January 7, 2010, 07:55 PM
I like the Miles Gilbert bedding kit. I bought mine from brownells.

If you enjoyed reading about "GLASBEDŽ kits any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!