Brown bear 9x19 145gr JHP...anyone use this stuff?

PDA

wnycollector
January 7, 2010, 09:40 PM
I just ran across 500 rounds of brown bear 145gr 9x19 JHP ammo for $110. Here is the link http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?pid=1029039&ret_id=140211 When I had a mak I ran thousands of rounds of silver bear and brown bear 9x18 though my pistol w/o incident. Anyone have an opinion on this ammo?

If you enjoyed reading about "Brown bear 9x19 145gr JHP...anyone use this stuff?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tekarra
January 7, 2010, 09:54 PM
I have gone through three 1000 round lots of Brown Bear. Never had a problem with the first two lots, but the third was a nightmare. It must have been slightly oversize as several times for each magazine, the slide had to be pushed into battery. Some rounds never did go into battery. That third lot kind of soured me on Brown Bear, but I have not ruled it out completely. It was as accurate as any other commercial ammo and performed well.

As Brown Bear is steel cased and lacquer coated, it it important to clean the chamber after every shooting session.

Fiv3r
January 8, 2010, 12:12 PM
I've never had an issue with Brown Bear short of the fact that my P-64 will only reliably feel FMJ. That wasn't the ammo's fault though. Brown Bear is all I feed it. 1000ish rounds fired without a hitch:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Brown bear 9x19 145gr JHP...anyone use this stuff?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!