Good price on a Deseret Eagle

PDA

Girodin
January 7, 2010, 11:40 PM
What is a used but in good condition stainless steel desert eagle .44 mag with one magazine worth? *The pic of it looks like it might not have a stainless barrel though.

http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/1692/169291/16929175.jpg?filter=ksl/gallery1

I always thought these things were silly but after shooting a friends I came to understand the appeal, a fun gee wiz gun.

I found a used one but have no real clue as to what these things go for used.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good price on a Deseret Eagle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
igxqrrl
January 8, 2010, 05:12 AM
I've seen a couple .50AE with stainless barrel for $1100 (one online, and one local), both in very good condition.

Based on that, I'd say $800 - $900 for the gun pictured would be a good price.

rogertc1
January 8, 2010, 06:47 AM
Go on Gun broaker.com. 1100 to 1700. The stainless is a premium finish. A blued one if you can find it might go for a grand.

pageophile
January 8, 2010, 09:13 AM
I got a good Mark I in 44MAG in basic black with 2 mags for 1200CDN, seems like that's a little under what they go for typically in my neck of the woods (Canada, eh)

okespe04
January 8, 2010, 11:03 AM
There was a used one like that at a local gun shop here in Eugene OR a few months ago for $800, probably could have talked them down to $750 or so.

Girodin
January 8, 2010, 05:09 PM
This may be a dumb question but is it normal for the slide and barrel to look like that? The slide look darker and the barrel looks even darker than the slide.

rogertc1
January 8, 2010, 05:42 PM
The one on the OP mi a Mark 1 like mine..notice the safety levers. Circa early 90's. Again the stainless reciever was a premium finish.

Oh Heck here is a picture of mine:It is 44Mag Custom Shop satin nickle with gold apointments
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/rogertc1/DesertEagle.jpg

sigsteve
January 9, 2010, 11:38 AM
I gotta admit. As absurd as the Desert Eagle .50AE Mag Res. is, I sure would love to have one just for the shear fear factor it would strike into people. It' just such a badass looking gun!

If you enjoyed reading about "Good price on a Deseret Eagle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!