Springer TRP 45

PDA

Patrick R
January 8, 2010, 12:29 AM
I just bought a new Springfield 1911 45 TRP.

Looks great. Seems to have a nice trigger pull & has all the extras I was after.

It will be a day or 2 till I shoot it. Big snow storm blowing through.

Any body like this model?

If you enjoyed reading about "Springer TRP 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PAPACHUCK
January 8, 2010, 06:37 AM
I think almost everybody likes that model.

Enjoy it.

Sapper771
January 8, 2010, 06:59 AM
Did you get the stainless or the Armory Coat model ?

I have the armory coat model and it is my favorite 1911. Shoots great, accurate, and reliable.
I had one failure to return to battery in my first 50 rounds, but nothing since and I am at 800 rounds now. The ejector in mine came loose and fell out (they are glued in , not pinned). My TRP still ran just fine with the ejector loose, but I figured that it would need to be fixed. I called SA and told them the problem and they emailed me a shipping label (which saved me $60 in shipping). I took my TRP to the local FedEx and didn't even have to pay for the packing. Six working days later I had my TRP back. SA had pinned the ejector (at my request) and glued it on top of that. I have dealt with a few manufacturer's customer service departments and SA has been the best in my experience.

I hope you enjoy your TRP as much as I enjoy mine.

GojuBrian
January 8, 2010, 07:01 AM
Build a snowman and shoot it. Be sure to video it for our viewing pleasure! :)

Patrick R
January 8, 2010, 03:55 PM
I bought the stainless model.

Patrick R
January 8, 2010, 03:57 PM
"Build a snowman and shoot it."

Sounds like fun, But I think I will use my clubs indoor range till it warms up a bit.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springer TRP 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!