Marlin 336 XS Sight Scout Mount

PDA

Sweden
January 8, 2010, 12:41 PM
Has anyone else mounted an XS Scout Mount on a Marlin 336? If so, were you required to remove lots of metal from the mount? I was under the impression this was a simple process. :rolleyes: Mine took a few power tools, an enormous amount of force, and approximately 2 hours to make it fit. :fire: Was my experience normal?

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 336 XS Sight Scout Mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
January 8, 2010, 12:50 PM
Nope. Mine dropped on without any fuss. Seems like a nicely made piece and fit perfectly.

Maybe you were sent the wrong one for your specific version of the 336. (No, I don't know if there are differences between them that would change the receiver and sight cut dimensions.)

I'd have called them for some verification before taking a power tool to it or applying any pressure. Gun parts, especially those that hold optics, are supposed to be pretty precisely fitted items.

-Sam

Sweden
January 8, 2010, 03:52 PM
I talked with XS, and they said there are many differnt specs for the dovetail on Marlin's. A little grinding with the dremel can be expected, that's why they include the recess.

Badlander
January 8, 2010, 05:56 PM
Put mine on in about 5 min. Zero problems, works great.

Avenger29
January 8, 2010, 06:47 PM
My scout rail didn't take much fitting.

Combined with the XS Ghost ring sights, it makes a nice, versatile setup.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 336 XS Sight Scout Mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!