Wood/synthetic full size stock for AR-7?

PDA

Hacker15E
January 9, 2010, 12:53 PM
My Google-fu hasn't yielded any leads, so hopefully the THR community might know something.

I'm looking for a replacement stock -- some kind of "full size" stock in the style of an M1 Carbine -- for an AR-7.

Google reveals that such a beast was produced by an unknown manufacturer many years ago:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/WETCANOEDOG/P1050052Medium.jpg

And, here's someone who actually bedded and modified a M1 Carbine stock...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s97/MGUNSCH/toys/PICT1267cropped.jpg

So, the question: does anyone make an off the shelf product like this for purchase currently?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wood/synthetic full size stock for AR-7?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jackal
January 9, 2010, 04:09 PM
Honestly I dont think anyone makes one. Besides, for the cost of the stock, you could buy a different .22.

seanie!
January 10, 2010, 07:11 PM
I don't know, but that M1 carbine copy looks freaking awesome! Sorry that I couldn't actually be of any help. I'd say your best bet is to just fabricate one.

Hacker15E
January 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
Bump.

Anyone?

brassdog
January 17, 2010, 05:46 PM
You're asking for something that probably doesn't exist on the commercial market. I would guess to say that your best chance of obtaining something like that would be to do it yourself or at least find a local gunsmith who would be willing to do it.

IMHO, I would just buy a surplus M1 carbine or ruger 10/22 stock and do it myself. It look really neat though.
Good luck!

SharpsDressedMan
January 17, 2010, 07:21 PM
Take an M1 Carbine stock, accraglas around an AR7 and trim the excess and shape, then paint the stock as above. I think that is how that stock came about. It looks TOO much like a real carbine stock, and should be able to be "filled in" to fit the AR7.

rangerruck
January 17, 2010, 10:55 PM
try to get ahold of someone at Majestic arms, in New York City; they might know, if they are still in business, and the townies haven't run them out of
business yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wood/synthetic full size stock for AR-7?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!